Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Delicious Disaster

As of lately, I have been reading a lot of food blogs and exploring new recipes.

Today I decided that it was time to find and try a healthier pizza crust recipe. I started the search on Pinterest and came across a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust that was gluten-free, egg-less, grain-free, right there on Tickling Palates page: Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust
THIS would be the one!

It seemed easy enough, and I gathered my ingredients (which I just so happened to have). Perfect!

As I got to work, I was excited. So excited that I rushed a bit, making a HUGE mess while ricing the cauliflower. I did not properly allow my riced cauliflower to dry out either.

While baking, the smells coming from my oven were making my mouth water. The pizza itself looked like a cookbook picture- it looked so good that my mushroom-hating son was standing over it with plate in hand.

Cutting it, I realized that it was still too moist and falling apart, but baking it any longer would have left my new found crust a burnt mess. So what's a girl to do? Scoop it up and plop it on a plate! (And eat it)

The flavors made my taste buds happy! I loved this recipe, and will try again to perfect my technique and patience! Oh, and next time, I'll remember to take a picture too!

No comments:

Post a Comment